Crown Hill Burial Park was founded and established in the spring of 1928 by Tunis and Mary Selby. The cemetery consists of 120 acres, over half remains undeveloped. The first burial in Crown Hill occurred on October 22, 1928.
We have approximately 25,000 property owners and to date, approximately 21,000 burials.
We have two community type mausoleums, with all outside crypts, and two chapel mausoleums with both inside and outside crypts.
Prior to his death, Mr. Selby turned over the management, of the cemetery to his sons, Tunis Jr. and Ed. In the mid–eighties the sons opened Crown Hill Monument Company, on the grounds of the cemetery, along with a funeral home. In 1995 they sold the operation to Service Corporation International, out of Houston, Texas. SCI sold the business to John R. (Bob) Moses in April 2003.
Mr. Moses passed away in December of 2015., and his wife, Barbara Moses, took over reins as the President and CEO of Lord & Moses, LLC, which is comprised of Crown Hill Burial Park and Selby-Fox Funeral Home in Vienna, Ohio and Evergreen Memory Gardens in Lexington, Kentucky.